[ale] digital camera with linux software?

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Jul 13 10:29:53 EDT 2001

I've been using a Mavecia from Sony for the past two years, and am quite
happy with the results. The downside of saving to floppy is you murder
batteries quickly (purchase two of the bigger batteries with the camera,
and you can shoot somewhere between 50 & 100 jpegs in a matter of two or
three hours). Of course, keeping that many floppies in pockets isn't
exactly fun either.

One alternative which I haven't tried would be the Mavecia with the CD
writer. I suspect battery life is still a problem, but you have 40
something floppies in the camera...

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Christopher Bergeron wrote:

> I am considering purchasing a digital camera, and I'd like to find one that
> will allow me to use linux to download the pr0n^H^H^H^Hpictures from.  Does
> anyone know of such a beast?
>

> Christopher Bergeron
> Systems Administrator
> Full Line Distributors