[ale] Compaq Reliant web server

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jul 12 17:57:05 EDT 2001

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You said "reasoning" and "bean counters" in the same sentence!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I have found that the total cost of purchase plus tax hit and etc.. is
less than the leasing cost for 3 years for most hardware. At the end of
the lease, the hardware goes away. At the end of the 3 years of ownership,
I can take a tax write-off and donate hardware to schools/charities/etc..

Putting hardware use from the "purchase an asset" column to a pure
expense column does nothing other than provide a short term accounting
scam to make the bottom line look good on the quarterly projections. It
also is a way to artificially inflate budgets for future cuts. Instead of
renewing the lease on new hardware (and the IT cost to install) just
"purchase" the old stuff and take a savings on the IT costs and another
bean-counter gets a bonus for "saving" money.

The best bean-counter is a dead.....