[ale] cpio

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 12 14:59:29 EDT 2001

Robert,

"Robert L. Harris" wrote:
> [150]root at db11.wc1p-/tmp/OracleExtensions> cpio -i < OracleExtensions.cpio
> cpio: Not a cpio file, bad header.
> 1 errors
>
> I also tried -b for byte swap and no go.  A sum shows the 2 sun boxes getting
> the same value while the original is different...
>
> Thoughts?

	It seems like perhaps the format cpio uses has changed, but also, when
moving between archs, you should use the ASCII header option "-c".  The
RH 6.2 man page for cpio describes this as the "old portable (ASCII)
header".

	You may also try tar.  It's header hasn't changed (I think).

--
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

Danny