[ale] Compaq Reliant web server

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Thu Jul 12 13:43:12 EDT 2001

You all make good points but the reality is the IT group is comfortable with intel boxes and know how to service them.  Their mind set with NT is "servers are multi processors".  Really they are great guys. They just want to give me what they would ask for themselves. My linux/Unix experience tells me that I can do quite well with less.  They would not understand that.  Besides, if they give me a cool superpowerful system, I can do even more with unix and especially Linux.  Frankly I am relieved to be leaving HP.  You can't just grab an RPM or tar file on HP like you can with Linux.

John