Lyx (was: [ale] Cross-Platform Document Publishing)

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Wed Jul 11 15:34:17 EDT 2001

<SPAN
class=745131919-11072001>Apparently, not natively, until Adobe releases Acrobat
for Linux.  HTML is problematic only because of the printed-page
issue(s).  It occurs to me that if I use Lyx - which, if you don't know
anything about it or its similar KDE analog Klyx, is quite an eye-opener (<A
href="http://www.lyx.org">www.lyx.org) - I can port it unidirectionally
pretty much into any format I require, but it turns out that what I really
really need is Postscript (which Kinko's can accept digitally) and merely crude
HTML output.
<SPAN
class=745131919-11072001>
-
Jeff

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jim Philips
  [mailto:jim.philips at s1.com]Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 1:07
  PMTo: 'ale at ale.org'Subject: RE: Lyx (was: [ale]
  Cross-Platform Document Publishing)
  The request was to be able to create and edit cross-platform
  as well. To my knowledge, Adobe only makes an Acrobat reader for Linux. So,
  the questions is this: Can you create pdf's on a Linux box?

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT. When addressed to NIIT clients, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions in the governing client contract.