Lyx (was: [ale] Cross-Platform Document Publishing)

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Wed Jul 11 11:32:01 EDT 2001

> PDF will work the best at preserving graphics, appearance and
> print aspects and it works on most all platforms/distros

I don't disagree, but where is Adobe Acrobat for Linux?  Reading the
documents cross-platform is as important to me as being able to create and
edit them cross-platform.

In the course of following up on the suggestion re Docbook, I came across
Lyx and I'm finding it fascinating.  Does anyone here know Lyx very well?  I
could use some help creating a template.

- Jeff

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT shall be
understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT. When addressed to NIIT
clients, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms
and conditions in the governing client contract.