[ale] media formats under Linux? HELP HELP!!

Cade Thacker cade at computerreligion.com
Tue Jul 10 10:37:40 EDT 2001

Hello,
I REALLY needs you guys/gals help in an _VERY_ important document I am
compiling for a VP of my company. I am compiling a report on media format
support under linux for my job, and I was hoping that I could get some
input so that I can get a full acurate report instead of me just finding
what I can and maybe missing something. Basically the usage of these
formats would be for a browser kiosk system.

The formats in question are:

WMA
Word doc (for viewing only, abiword?)
ASF
MPEG
RAM
MOV
MP3 (is xmms best?)
WAV (also xmms?)
PDF (xPDF?, ghostview?)
SWF

--cade

"Burn your tv in your yard, and gather round it with your friends,
and warm your hands upon the fire and start again" --Toad the Wet Sprocket