[ale] Linux or *BSD for Samba

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Fri Jul 6 11:45:47 EDT 2001

Vernard -

Thanks for not thinking this as merely trolling; this is one instance where
I felt that even though I have no BSD mojo I ought to at least consider it.
>From what you're saying, it seems as though Linux' NFS is good enough that I
needn't pursue *BSD, at least not specifically for this (but I probably
should anyway).

In this case, one of my co-workers is trying to get 10GB-300GB of file space
available to his tiny-drived RS/6000; I think he's trying to put a DB2 data
set on there.

- Jeff