[ale] anyone played with caller id?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Jul 6 08:41:25 EDT 2001

Okay folks, I've got it working, problem now is, I'm not sure why.  The
latest change I made was to change it back to using the formatted data.
The only thing I can figure is that I must not have restarted the getty
or something, but the log file doesn't seem to reflect that.  Anyway,
this is pretty cool, now it'll reject all those spam faxes.

I'll be glad to assist anyone else interested in setting this up.  I'm
now going to connect my other modem and set up my machine so that I use
festival to announce the caller's name and number.

Too cool.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein