[ale] Another MS hijacking victim...Kodak ! the Ethernet Driver issue and a note to all...

Greg runman at telocity.com
Thu Jul 5 00:08:45 EDT 2001

As one who makes his living occasionally writing code for websites, I was
somewhat chagrined to find out that M$ has a way to change the manner in
which a website views code.... Making certain words links to a M$ -
sanctioned site (a la NBCi.com ???), despite the fact that the website had a
different URL in mind... seems kinda irrelevant to do any type of web
development now ... and it seems the same for doing any type of photo stuff
on a M$ box too....good thing I installed Linux on 3 of the 5 boxes @ home !
(sorry, but the wife owns one and I need the other to play my ancient and
beloved games)

I submit for the common perusal ....

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2781900,00.html

Also, my 1/2 cents (I still don't know enough Linux to contribute a full 2
cents worth) on the "Ethernet Holy wars"...
1. I am still pissed and cynical over the Mac-gouge I suffered 10 yrs ago.
Enough of the feudal fighting 'twixt computer clans !
2. My Ethernet works ok today
3. Probably will tomorrow & next week.
4. Probably will also next month and as long as the standards and protocols
don't change I won't worry about drivers... some one in the open source
community with write them (hey, perchance moi !) and if not, screw it ... I
will just use the same stuff as I am now and never upgrade... just like
companies are doing with NT.... If it aint broke (kinda) don't upgrade... or
move to Linux !

I would also like to thank all who contribute on this group... not only have
you helped convert me to know the error's of my MS past (yea.. verily I
wrote the VB - (Visual Beast)  for a living) but you have served as a
catalyst for me to convert others to convert to Linux....that of the instant
help of gurus.

Greg Canter