[ale] Are our Ethernet drivers in danger?

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Wed Jul 4 17:17:52 EDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Darin Lang wrote:

> Interesting that you use the word "virus of sorts" Spoken like a true
> Microsoftian. That is their PR term. That is their PR game. You are playing
> along very well. Be sure to save this post for your resume when you switch
> to NT.
>
> Long Live Microsoft!

*******<<<<<<WARNING WARNING WARNING>>>>>>**************
This message is on fire...read quickly and extinguish!!!

I can settle this argument and save you two the trouble of continuing it.
Rather than consult the "Moonbugoracle" or whatever the hell it is, I
decided to just let the headers do the talking...

Darin:

Ben:

Hmmm...Darin, we seem to have a problem. You do an awful lot of Microsoft
bashing considering the fact that you use their products. Ben, I wont
comment on the KMail issue (Hardcore Pine man myself)...but I think the
question of who the true "Microsoftian" is, has now been answered. Now I
suppose Ben could be running KMail on *BSD or some other *nix, but I just
can't sit on the sidelines and watch a guy use a Microsoft product on a
friggin Mac to bash Ben any longer.

Now I'm in no way associated with the maintainers of this list...hell,
I've only been to one meeting. But I've been a subscriber for several
years now, seems like I subscribed in '97. So, I feel like I've earned the
right to say this...

Darin, on behalf of all the ALE members let me take this opportunity to
welcome you. This list is the primary means of communication for the group
known as the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts. Some of us are so enthusiastic
about Linux that we actually use it as our primary OS.

Standard Disclaimer: No, I'm not bashing Mac users. Yes, this was a
blatant and malicious flame. No, I will not apologize. Yes, I use
Microsoft products when I have to. Yes, I actually like Macs. No, I do not
have a Windows partition on my laptop. Please, GET SLACK...

Visit the temple of the Poon Daddy Biscuit Informix.
http://64.70.179.150

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security