[ale] fastest linux boot time?

Bao C. Ha baoha at sensoria.com
Mon Jul 2 16:49:38 EDT 2001

http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/magazine/issue03/4551/

It is about using a compact Flash card to replace an IDE
drive.  You can get the adpater cheaper from
http://www.pcengines.com/cflash.htm

I don't think you will save much time boot up unless you
configure your system like a minimal/embedded one.
reading blocks from the disk system.

Customize the inittab and SYSV init scripts instead!

Bao