[ale] Books on Xlib programming

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Mon Jan 15 12:08:08 EST 2001

Hello,

Are there any good online documents on Xlib programming?  I want to write a short program that basically does the following:

1. Asks user a question with 2 buttons.  Yes, No.
2. Based on button pressed call function.

I have found some but they seemed to be focused on Motif.  I'm using redhat 7, 6.1, and 4.2 and want to use those standard X libraries.  I could use Wish but it ma be too big for the device I'm building.

I need a quick guide that will get me started.  I can figure out the rest.

Thanks,
Chris