[ale] crazy kiosk question

Jennifer Taylor JMTaylor at chathamcounty.org
Fri Jan 5 09:30:56 EST 2001

I need to run a web app that uses php/mysql on 20 non-networked kiosks.  This application only needs to read data, not write anything.
The boxen will probably have win98 installed on them. :P

My thoughts are:
1) build tiny, light linux install that runs apache, mysql, php, and x
2) make sure application as it exists now runs on said server
3) find a way to burn the whole, locked down shebang to CD and boot from CD to bypass the windows ickyness

So.  I can do steps 1 and 2 in my sleep.  I've never even considered 3 before...any ideas out there??   All pointers to documentation will be much appreciated, as well.

jenn