[ale] Xircom RealPort2 Cardbus prob

Marc Torres marct at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 28 16:53:52 EST 2001

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Wandered Inn wrote:
> This is too bizarre.  It works.  Fired up tcpdump, shut it down, it
> doesn't drop any packets and now I'm on the network!!
>
> Thanks muchly!!  I was in a real pinch to get this thing cooking as I
> need to return some other hardware it's replacing.

	Just thought I'd save someone else the anguish.  I spent hours
	trying to figure out why my laptop refused to grab a DHCP address,
	and was about to embark on a substance abuse problem when I
	decided to do some research.

	I discovered the workaround after reading the source, deja, l-k,
	and PCMCIA mailinglists.

	You can now get RealPort type cards from Intel that AFAIK are
	based on eepro designs and don't suffer this particular problem.

	--marct
	marct at mindspring.com