[ale] uptime?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 24 17:03:52 EST 2001

Gary,

You are forgetting the fact that those apps need the OS (WinNT) to be
functioning reliably in order for them to work.  The only reason one
would need those apps is because the WinNT kernel and associated apps
can be very unreliable.

Maybe you should you have a second computer to monitor your first, and
then have it reboot the other one when it is locked up?  Perhaps you
could use a video camera to detect the presence of a BSoD on the other
box.  However, it is more likely that the WinNT system w/ the video
camera will fail first. Hell, it would probably be cheaper (from a
purely fiscal conservative standpoint) it hire a slacker kid from McD's
to just watch the monitors and press the power switch when one of them
turns 'blue'.  LoL  (someone, somewhere, probably does this).

-Jim P.