[ale] Groupware/Office software - Let's keep the borg away!

Jonathan Rickman infosec at alltel.net
Fri Feb 23 15:19:50 EST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Joseph A. Knapka wrote:

> Jonathan Rickman wrote:
>
> > Not true. The Outlook web access component will work in Netscape. The
> > problem lies in Netscape's inability to authenticate with an IIS server
> > using NT Challenge/Response. The solution is to use plain text
> > authentication over SSL.
>
> I take it this would have to be explicitly enabled on the Exchange
> server? I've been trying to get email via my employer's Exchange
> server with no luck using Netscape.

Not necessarily on the Exchange server, but on the IIS server the
Outlook Web Access component is running on...which may or may not be the
Exchange server. Of course, it's not a great idea to put IIS/OWA/EXCH on
the same machine if it's connected to the public Internet. But that's
another thread...(uptime?)

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security