[ale] Ripping Vinyl

Greg Hankins gregh at twoguys.org
Thu Feb 22 10:58:11 EST 2001

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:49:54AM -0500, David Corbin wrote:
>I'm getting set to turn a bunch of vinyl albums into digital data.   I'm
>sure I can figure out most of the steps on my own.  Right now, I'm
>looking at linux tools that will take a single .wav file (ripped from
>the LP), and convert it into tracks.  So far I've found gramofile, but
>I was wondering if anyone here new of any others.

I've had really good success with gramofile.  The great thing about this tool
is that is has some track detection and track interval tuning, so you actually
get a .wav of each track for most records.  I've had to tune the settings a
little for some that had tracks really close together, but most of the time
the default setting worked fine.  Then you just unleash an MP3 encoder on
the .wav files and there you go.

Greg

--
Greg Hankins <gregh at twoguys.org>    | PRETENSION - the downside of being better