[ale] vpn and dns

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Feb 20 10:45:26 EST 2001

Bao Ha wrote:

> If you are using pptp under pppd, you can set the pppd option,
> usepeerdns, to request DNS values, which will be added
> automatically to the /etc/resolv.conf file.

I've just tried this, although the dns entries show up in
/var/log/messages, nothing updates /etc/resolv.conf.  I assume you
actually mean updates the actual file?

I can pull them out of the log file and build the resolv.conf file on
the fly, but I figured if it's supposed to be automagic, that would be
easier.

Anyone have any idea why I can't get to other subnets within the vpn
network??  I've tried a couple of things, but no luck.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein