[ale] Brain fart

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Thu Feb 15 19:50:09 EST 2001

Okay, time for a really dumb question, to which I used to know the answer,
but have completely forgotten.

I just last night installed Red Hat 7.1b (Fisher) and I have some programs
that are looking for their libraries in odd places, and I have modified
/etc/ld.so.conf to include these odd places, but, so help me, I can't get
the changes to take.  I even tried (gasp!) rebooting!  Would someone
kindly jog this poor soul's brain as to how to get ld.so.conf re-read?

Thanks.

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.