[ale] USB/Gphoto/Permittion help

I. Herman izzmo at mediaone.net
Wed Feb 14 12:00:23 EST 2001

I have a small
problem i need help with.  I just bought a digital camera that connects
either by serial or USB.  I was wondering if someone could help with these
issues and/or provide the best solution.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
1 - What would be
the path for the USB connection for the camera?  I couldn't figure it out
to "mount" the camera or whatever I have to do to get it
working.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
2 - When I connect
via serial, the camera works in Gphoto fine except for I can't use it outside of
root.  When I try to configure the serial connection as a regular user, it
says I don't have the permittions for /dev/ttyS0 (i think).  How or what do
I chmod or whatever to get it so that I can use that?
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
3 - Any other
software or solutions I can use to get the camera readable in Linux by a regular
user?
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
The camera is listed
as usable by Linux.  It's a Kodak 3400.  Also, I am getting a free
flash reader.  Could I set that up to work in Linux as a USB device?
I would rather just connect the camera USB directly.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
Thanks in
advance.