[ale] Pump not-configuring?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Tue Feb 13 18:28:02 EST 2001

  I have to use DHCP and pump on my firewall.  AT first I couldn't seem to
ever get the config set via pump.  While running some tests I found out
that if I ran pump before configuring the static 192.168 interface (eth1)
then eth0 came up immediately.  If I ran pump on eth0 after configuring
eth1 it would constantly reject the config for eth0.

  A couple times now, every week or so eth0 has lost it's config, I'm
presuming lease renew time, and it wont re-configure eth0, probably
because eth1 is up.  Has anyone else seen this or know a way to fix it
other than a cron job to check for eth0, drop eth1, reconfig eth0, and
bring eth1 back up.  That seems to microsoft'ish.

  This is a debian woody box running the latest verion of pump on a 2.4.0
kernel.  eth0 is a 3c509, and eth1 is a netgear.

Thoughts?
  Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!