[ale] Netscape, CSS, and fonts

James CE Johnson jcej at tragus.org
Thu Feb 8 22:18:23 EST 2001

I've been trying out Netscape6 for the last few days.  It has a lot of rough edges
but great promise.  If you dig deep enough you'll eventually find that even though
they call it "6" its really a 1.0 browser.  With the Mozilla source base they've
gone back to the drawing board to rebuild things from the ground up.

If you're a Netscape fan but about ready to give up on 'em completely then you owe
it to yourself to try either NS6 or the latest Mozilla.  The new W3C compliance
rocks.  I can do things with DHTML now that only my IE buddies could do before.  If
nothing else, install one or the other & then try out those pages that you like so
much in IE5.5.  I think you'll be pleased.