[ale] Coyote frustration

Tom Younker twins at atlnet.com
Sat Feb 3 20:32:22 EST 2001

All:

Coyote works fine for a couple of clients, but one in Norcross  had
severe problems with email attachments.  After lots of expeirmentation,
I added these to /etc/ppp/options:

-vj
mru 576
mtu 576

Then email worked great.  BUT certain web sites would not come up.
Another consultant stuck a Win 98 box there it works fine  : (

Now, I'm having the SAME problems in Asheville.  The ISP says they're
running Red Hat, but had no sympathy, and recommended a LinkSys box.  He
also said you NEED header compression.

When I apply the above, email works but a Quickbooks.com download takes
forever.
I also tried mru 1000 and mru 1412, based upon some internet searches,
but email is still a problem.  On Coyote's web board I didn't find much
that seemed relevant.

Any bright ideas ?

Tom