[ale] unable to log in!

Rick Huebner fehuebner at mediaone.net
Wed Dec 26 19:43:31 EST 2001

I've seen this when someone chmod 777 the su command.  It complained about
PAM.  The problem was the suid on su was changed and would not run.  I know
that this not an su problem reported below, but it is possibly the same
cause of the problem on whatever is running to log the user in.  Have you
done a chmod 777 anywhere lately?  I can't remember the corrective
action...maybe one of the guru's here can help.

---
Rick Huebner
****PLEASE NOTE MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW****
rick at rhuebner.com