[ale] About that firewall machine [Was]Re: [ale] unidentified processes

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 19 13:35:35 EST 2001

The average laptop draws considerably less power than say a 60 watt lamp.  My HP omnibook uses about 15-20 Watts full tilt. Even while recharging the battery I usually never get above 30 watts.  The 30 watts include the pc operating and charging the battery simultaneously.  These numbers I'm throwing out are not true wattage ratings they are more volt/amp ratings.  Close to true wattage but not exactly.  The best part is true wattage is usually less than the volt/amp rating.