[ale] nmap me

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 21:15:11 EST 2001

odd...I shouldn't have anything visible externally....

here's my netstat:

$ netstat -pa

Active UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State
I-Node PID/Program name    Path
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1007
  796/xfs             /tmp/.font-unix/fs7100
unix  12     [ ]         DGRAM                    558
  355/syslogd         /dev/log
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     960
  748/gpm             /dev/gpmctl
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    3098
  2549/pppoe
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    3081
  2545/pppd
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    2796
  2285/xinetd
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1010
  796/xfs
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    972
  760/crond
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    941
  735/sendmail: accep
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    753
  560/automount
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    695
  476/apmd
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    641
  418/cardmgr
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    567
  360/klogd
unix  2      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     343
  1/init [3]

Nothing on the firewall running those ports.  Is it
actually tracking through my IP_MASQ?  I do run
NETBEUI on a few Win machines internally, but no samba
going on any of my linux machines.

And what the hell is fics?

Thanks for the help,

John