[ale] Technology Association of GA

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Tue Dec 18 11:16:25 EST 2001

I joined TAG (Technology Association of GA) 6 months ago hoping to learn
about technology, meet people w/ the same interests, make business contacts,
etc.

I have not gone to a single event because nothing has been very interesting.
Visual Basic garbage. Venture Capital bs. Froo froo awards banquests and
seminars that cost hundreds of dollars to attend, job postings that never
get updated, etc.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to join again. At least next year they
will stop charging for coming to special interest group events.

I have never seen anything Linux related in connection w/ TAG, and the talks
I see advertised don't seem very technical. Maybe their big Fall Tech
Sympsium was good, but I didn't have the $500 to attend and cannot imagine
who would shell out that kind of money to hear about things you can read
about online. But maybe it's worth it for networking. It just boggles my
mind.

My question is, has anyone out there ever gotten any value from TAG? Anyone
have anything good to say about TAG? Anyone a TAG member? Does ALE ever do
anything with TAG?

Thank you,
Mike Millson
AableTech Solutions, Inc.