[ale] [not OT] run windows commands remotely?

Chris Bergeron cbergeron at bassemail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:42:14 EST 2001

>From a linux box?

Does anyone know of any windows apps/services/daemons that listen for a
command and will run it on the local machine?

Perhaps I should clarify:

I have Xwin32 running fullscreen on a Windows box (running X-windows)
I grab a CNN headline and display it with xmessage on Xwindows
I can assign button press events to xmessage.
I want to load my IE browser with http://www.cnn.com when a good
headline appears.

Sooo, I guess I need a daemon that listens in windows and will execute a
command when it receives (and authenticates hopefully) something.  I
would think that something like this exists, but I'm drawing a blank.
Perhaps, I have to combine netcat with something?

Any leads or ideas?

Thanks in advance,
CB