[ale] throughput

Denny Chambers dchambers at snapserver.com
Thu Dec 13 13:52:17 EST 2001

Your only as fast as your slowest link. The only benifit would be that
traffic to/from your laptop and the rest of your local LAN would be
fast. If you were needing to transfer lots of data just to the laptop,
and not out through the DSL the 10/100 would be of benifit, else I
wouldn't worry about it to much. The other thing to consider it what is
the cost difference between a 10 and 10/100 card, if not much you may
want to go ahead and invest in the 10/100. You never know what that card
may be needed for in the future.

--
Denny Chambers
Quantum Corporation, Inc.