[ale] Masquerading and ftp

Ken Nagorski kenn at refriedgeek.com
Thu Dec 13 09:29:08 EST 2001

Hi there,

Did you compile in (Or create a module) for CONFIG_IP_NF_FTP

If you read the "help" In the kernel src it says

"Tracking FTP connections is problematic: special helpers are required
for tracking them, and doing masquerading and other forms of Network
Address Translation on them."

Ken

> Just setup iptables for masquerading on a router and
> now my windows boxes' ftp clients from various
> applications are all returning "Illegal port command".
>  Any ideas how I can fix that?
>
> Thanks,
> John

> be  sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

But I don't want to go among mad people,
Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat,
or you wouldn't have come here.