[ale] OT: Letter to AT&T Broadband re Channel Removal

Stephen F Nicholas syssfn at panther.Gsu.EDU
Thu Dec 13 00:19:20 EST 2001

Hello Ale,
Following this thread, but maybe off slightly off topic.  I have to ask
the question and the explanation is below:

Has anyone used Linux with a satellite Internet provider doing serious
Unix administration using xterm / ssh windows ?

I ask this because the general concensus is that the delay would create
the dreaded 30 to 60 second delay from typing in a command and it being
executed.  I have done the cable modem thing (60% downtime), too far out
for BellSouth dsl (hearing horror stories about it).  I currently have a
Mindspring / Earthlink ~56K connection which has been pretty much rock
solid, but slow.  I do not feel that I have too many other options left.

Sad in Internet land.

Steve

| Steve Nicholas             |                        |
| Software Systems Engineer  |  A risk is not a risk  |
| Georgia State University   |  until it is taken.    |
| snicholas at gsu.edu          |                        |
| 404-651-1062               |  BBROYGBVGW            |