[ale] OT: Letter to AT&T Broadband re Channel Removal

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Wed Dec 12 20:39:07 EST 2001

Geoffrey wrote:

 > This truly is bizarre.  Here in Cobb, hbo is moving, hence the necessity
 > to have a 'box.'  I could care less, I wouldn't pay for hbo anyway.
 >
 > Also, I'm paying < $45 for AT&T cable tv, I noted someone quoted >$100.
 > What are you paying for that costs that much?

Like the letter said, I do Internet through them too.  My DirecTV DSL
service died on 9/28 and a month and change later, after it appeared
that there simply wasn't going to be any fix, I dropped them and went
the cable modem route.  I'm OK now (albeit at reduced DL speeds) but
really, my only other alternative would be Bellsouth DSL, because my
experience and intuition tell me that Bellsouth simply ignores service
tickets from other ISPs.  What good would it do me to have to deal with
the same problem again?

Of course, I don't WANT to go to Bellsouth DSL because I consider them
to be culpable in my loss-of-service fiasco.  If I had cell phone
reception that was worth a crap at the house, I might seriously consider
doing away with Bellsouth altogether over the treatment I got.

It seems that, no matter where I turn, I'm getting more and more
impacted - hemmed-in, even - by companies' revenue-enhancing decisions.

- Jeff