[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Dec 11 19:42:52 EST 2001

On Friday 07 December 2001 09:42, you wrote:
> Since I manage mostly Windows servers I named the database servers with
> various names of Hells spawn:
>
> Dante, Satan, Lucifer,Tempter, Leviathan, and Beelzebub. (Extension for
> server room is 666 and Sign over door reads
>
> "Abandon all hope all ye who enter this place" )
>
> Linux boxes used for FTP, Web and other tasks are named after female
> characters in Greek Mythology:
>
> Artimus, Aphrodite and Hera

My life partner being a classics professor I felt compelled to also go
with Greek God ID's when I set up a 15 machine network at the Atlanta
College of Art.

I just went from A to O in alphabetical order, though I did revert to
Roman Gods for "B" & "J" since "J" doesn't have a real equivalent in the
ancient Greek alphabet and "Bachus" is such an essential diety in any
college student environment. :-)

Bibo Ergo Sum!

peace
aaron