[ale] dslreports

David Brooks db at stayonline.net
Tue Dec 11 14:34:52 EST 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 13:14, Geoffrey wrote:
> One other note, my dsl is still down and Atlnet phone# is still
> 'temporarily out of service.'  I'm looking for some clues.  All leds
> report the 'right stuff' on the dsl device, yet I can't ping the
> gateway.   Yet, when I dial into the dialup service, I can ping the dsl
> gateway.  Any clues folks?

I dunno.  This is -really- weird.  I called BellSouth yesterday to
inquire why they had DSL service listed on our last bill for a number
that nobody has ever told them to turn it up on, and for them to take
that off.  The lady said that chances are it will have to be
disconnected at the CO completely for anything to take place, and that
someone would be calling me in 7-10 days to see if I wanted DSL service
activated on that number again.  If I don't hear from Todd @ ATLNet or
am able to reach him, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and go
with BellSouth.

Also, from the times before that Ive had DSL through ATLNet, I believe
that I could never ping the DSL gateway (ritz.gwinnett.com?).  I think
he had ICMP blocked.

If anybody hears anything regarding ATLnet's situation, please post it
to the list.  I'm sure people like me and Geoff would be interested in
knowing.

-Dave

--
david a. brooks