[ale] Cable and DSL Going Straight to Heck (was [ale] atlnet)

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Dec 10 20:27:54 EST 2001

I'm real close to telling Awful Telephone & Turd  to just disconnect me.
They jacked up my rates promising me Sci-Fi channel. TWO years later, I
get it. I've had it for a bit over a year. So now they want to raise my
rates and lock me to one tv set to watch Sci-Fi. I think I can afford to
spend my $43/mo on something else. And they can't fix the terrible
reception on the PBS channels. Grrrr.

For similar jerk business reasons, I don't buy music from any label that
has signed on to the DCMA, I don't buy beer from the Coors company, and
I won't buy diamonds EVER until the DeBeers cartel is jailed.