[ale] OT: Commentary on IT Marketing through Resumes.

Tommie M. Jones tj at atlantageek.com
Mon Dec 10 11:12:49 EST 2001

OK.  I just have to make a comment here.  Somehow a company got my resume
a while back.  I don't remember them but when I was laid off I basically
flooed my cable modem with them.  (Using all I learned from the spam mail
company I use to work for)

Anyway the previously mentioned company has sent me an email with a link
to a form to give them some hiring managers.  This is genius.  You want
marketing contacts for your company, just put your name out there saying
you want resumes.  Now you have a list of people who know other people
that sign purchase orders.  And the people that you have are probably not
very happy with their old employer anyway.  So what the heck.  fill out
the form and put your previous boss on someone else's mailing list.  While
you're at it give their direct extension so it will be that much more
annoying.

I find this an interesting social hack.

http://www.atlantageek.com
Get inside Atlanta's Tech scene