[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

Mark Hurley debian4tux at telocity.com
Thu Dec 6 22:31:57 EST 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 03:31:32PM -0500, Chris Bergeron wrote:
> Okay guys, it's almost Friday; and I'm thinking just for fun I'd like to
> know how you guys name your networks...  I've figured out that Chris
> F.'s are named after spacestations, etc...  Mine are named after US
> Cruise Missiles;  at my previous employer we named them after "things
> that can happen in a moshpit" - hemorrhage, trauma, laceration, etc...

Well....when I have a new machine...I turn to my son (now 4 yrs. old)
and ask him what I should name it.  So far we have...

Bravo (Johnny), Buzz (Lightyear), Thomas (the tank engine), Dexter

So if I forget...I ask him...what the name of that computer...
(pointing...) and he quickly responds!

Ohhh if anyone needs a good worker to remember the names of their
clusters....he's short but can climb a ladder, likes to eat, watch
some cartoons and can whip your butt at most computer games at 4...

  :)

Mark Hurley