[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Thu Dec 6 16:09:49 EST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:31:32 -0500, Chris Bergeron wrote:

>Okay guys, it's almost Friday; and I'm thinking just for fun I'd like to
>know how you guys name your networks...

On my home network, it's Tolkien names.  Names of characters for the
workstations (samwise for the OS/2 machine, frodo for the ham shack
Linux box, and strider for the laptop), and place names for the servers
(morannon for the firewall/gateway, erebor for the mail/mysql server,
and shire for the spare 486 machine (probably someday to be the packet
radio box)).

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net      | The attempt to legislatively