[ale] OT FUN: What are your hosts named?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Thu Dec 6 15:58:26 EST 2001

I picked up on the "four printers of the apocalypse" idea - they're
actually WAR, FAMINE, DEATH, and PESTILENCE.

I've used planet names a few times, giving a six-way ALR server the name
GALAXY.

At the house, my daughter named the machine she uses the most ANGEL.
JUANITA is an inside joke - a former neighbor used to complain about her
husband fooling around with "Juanita" all the time (their PC).  I also
have FILER and FIRE, along with KAGA, KENICHI, SAKAI, MORIMOTO, FUKUI.

At a former employer, colors (RED, GREEN, YELLOW, SILVER, GOLD, ORANGE)
gave way to fruit (MANGO).

At my most recent employer, I hit on using AZTEC, INCA, OLMEC, TOLTEC (I
prefer names to be 4-6 letters).

- Jeff