[ale] All the virus that people on the ale list are sending me

Luis Luna luis at btr-architects.com
Sun Dec 2 20:17:09 EST 2001

Okay,
What is going on here? I am on the ale list, lurking mostly, and on a
Sunbelt Software list for Windows NT/2000 Admins, I have never had a virus
come from the Sunbelt Software List (mostly NT'ers) but I keep getting
warnings from my email server about people from the ale list trying to send
me viri!
Here is one someone tried to send me today:

The attachment(s) that came with the following mail
received by you had Viruses in it.

The Mail came from    : _jmaddox1 at bellsouth.net
The Mail recipient    : luis at btr-architects.com
Subject of the Mail   : Re:
Message-ID            :
<20011202215000.QVJH1216.imf05bis.bellsouth.net at aol.com>

Attachment-Name         Virus-Name              Action-Taken
17725445.HTM            "Exploit.IFrame.FileDownload" Deleted
docs_doc.pif            (None)                  File was Deleted as per
Server Administrator Rules

Here is another one:

The Mail came from    : _ulbrich at ebicom.net
The Mail recipient    : luis at btr-architects.com
Subject of the Mail   : Re:
Message-ID            : <200112021425.fB2EPCe01119 at Edison.EBICom.Net>

Attachment-Name         Virus-Name              Action-Taken
10204229.HTM            "Exploit.IFrame.FileDownload" Deleted
stuff_mp3.pif           (None)                  File was Deleted as per
Server Administrator Rules

Jeez! I thought linux users were a little more careful, and don't give me
that line about Windows...blah blah..blah... A almost any system can be made
secure and bulletproof  and experienced computer users like the people on
this list should really be practicing safe computing.

Luis Luna