[ale] OT: DSL at HellSouth

rob hoppe hoppe at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 2 01:38:42 EST 2001

Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> > Some other people on here will disagree, but <plug>I've been very satisfied
> > with my DIRECTV DSL service (see www.DIRECTVDSL.com for details), and their
> > fees may be more reasonable. Or not.</plug>
>
> <disagree>Just wait until they change the names of the mail servers or
> the DNS IPs without telling you - and woe be unto you if your connection
> goes down because Bellsouth will NOT cooperate with DirecTV to get it
> back up.  After all, why should they - they're competitors!</disagree>
>
> - Jeff, DirecTV RefuG
>
> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

I am a mindspring sub and like it but i am having trouble getting them to help
with a noise problem, due to $ cutbacks.

I like Directs approach and setup is easy for all.  only a USB modem seems to
give the most trouble due to the connection on a win$ box.  linux would probably
declare it a second eth.

--
_/  Rob Hoppe  (Atlanta)