[ale] sendmail/procmail/mailq

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Aug 30 16:24:57 EDT 2001

Some mail comes through OK. Others get hung in /var/spool/mqueue. This is
my box at home. All the users are local to it. When I run mailq, it shows
me (currently) 17 messages that are locked. For eg.
f7TJ7Dw19967*      87 Wed Aug 29 15:07 <jocostello at mindspring.com>
				       <gkinney at archimedes.localnetsolutions.com>

I've killed all sendmail ad procmail's, restarted sendmail. Sometimes,
that clears the queue. This time it had little affect.

I'm completely stumped. I haven't changd my networking setup in months and
I have drive space to write it to. Sendmail.cf has not changed in months.
This started about 1 month ago and seems to be getting worse.