[ale] A snort newbie question

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Aug 21 19:17:43 EDT 2001

What version of snort are you running??? I've occasionally had
problems with snort getting overwhelmed in promiscuous mode. Try the -p
flag to prevent promisc mode. My gut instinct is that you need to use the
$ethX_ADDRESS variable on both EXTERNAL and INTERNAL, and kick it out of
promiscuous mode. That should fix it.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security