[ale] 16C550 Uarts

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Wed Aug 15 17:31:51 EDT 2001

If I remember correctly, enabling flow control of any kind does not affect
the uart itself, but the device driver that is handling the uart.  If you
take charge of the line from the driver, you are responsible for the care
and feeding of the flow.

At 05:22 PM 8/15/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Is there any problem with enabling a serial port for hardware flow control
>and then taking charge of my RTS line with TIOCMSET?  Will this cause a
>conflict with the uart itself?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris
>
>---------------------------------
>Engineering Services Manager
>Computone Corporation
>1060 Windward Ridge Pkwy, S100
>Alpharetta, GA 30005
>800-241-3946 x1627

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net
http://www.intelis-inc.com
http://www.intelis-inc.net