[ale] High Availability Linux firewall solution?

Darrell Golliher darrell at golliher.net
Tue Aug 7 14:30:06 EDT 2001

  I'm familiar with Linux firewalls from home use, but would like to
learn more about setting up a pair of them with automatic failover.

  Are any of you running HA linux firewalls and if so can you share
you experiece and perhaps recommend specific documentation?

  Basically, I'm suffering from sticker shock on upgrading checkpoint
to do HA and am exploring Linux as an alternative.  I want very much
though to avoid having a single point of failure.

  Any information welcome. :)

tia,
Darrell Golliher