[ale] Code Red II!!! Disregard previous reply!!!

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Aug 7 09:38:08 EDT 2001

SAngell at nan.net wrote:

> As the worm is currently configured the answer is no. It actually attacks a
> vulnerability in Index Server. So to my knowledge (which is sometimes inept)
> personal web server should be immune. The only patches released by M$ were for
> NT 4.0 and 2k Server running IIS 4 and IIS 5. There is no patch for Personal Web
> Server.
>
> However, on a side not. I did a few Revers DNS lookups yesterday and one of the
> sites that was attacking me was running Lotus Domino Webserver. NOT IIS. I
> haven't been able  to find out whether it is possible for Domino to be effected,
> although I guess the address could have been spoofed or if dynamic it could have
> been re-assigned. I will probably never know.

I'd hang on to the IP, try it again every now and then to see if it is
dynamic.  Scary if not as I've not heard one mention of Lotus being
affected either.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein