[ale] turn linux into a router??

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 2 13:08:26 EDT 2001

Ned Williams wrote:

> Out of curiosity,
>
> Why do we call Linux a router in emails likes this, or for that matter the LRP?
> Routers, talk layer 2, maybe I missed it but
> did linux recently gain support for BGP ,OSF or any other layer 2 protocols?

I am reasonably certain that implementations of routing
protocols exist for Linux, though I don't know anything
at all about them. It would all be in user space, right?
So shouldn't be difficult.

-- Joe
"You know how many remote castles there are along the gorges? You
 can't MOVE for remote castles!" -- Lu Tze re. Uberwald
// Linux MM Documentation in progress:
// http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html
2nd Lbl A + 1 = 2nd Pause 2nd Prt GTO 2 R/S