[ale] Printer question

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Fri Apr 27 10:52:09 EDT 2001

Now it hits me what "CY- documents" are.  I presumed they were
created by some "CY-" software and didn't give it a second
thought. :)

Your setup is becoming clearer to me.  At least part of your
printing is from windows boxes using a windows PCL driver.  The
output is sent to a Linux box which passes it directly to the
printer.

This means you are looking for some way of prefixing a header
to the PCL which generates a time stamp on every sheet, which
means your looking for someone with knowledge of PCL (i.e., not me).

If you don't succeed in finding a PCL solution, the postscript
solution I suggested could be made to work by using a postscript
printer driver on the windows boxes and processing the output on
the Linux box.

--Joe