[ale] multiple ports on iptables?

Stephen Pellicer spellicer at 8thlayer.net
Tue Apr 24 16:04:28 EDT 2001

On 24 Apr 2001 12:21:30 -0600, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> I'm mucking with my firewall again.  One app I have uses multiple ports,
> auto-negotiatiated and I can specify a range from 50000-50030, can you
> do a range on a line?  I tried and it didn't like it.  I didn't want to
> put 30 individual rules in place.

iptables -A INPUT --proto udp --destination-port 50000:50030 -j ACCEPT

This should do it. I don't recall if port ranges are a specific module
or not though. Try that out though. I don't see any modules loaded that
would correspond to that, but I'm not sure what I chose when I built
this kernel.

Stephen